The Palermo Committee was established in 15 June 1890 under the chairmanship of Francesco Lanza Spinelli, prince of Scalea.
The Committee is in a monopoly street close to Via della Libertà and Giardino Inglese, easily reachable by any transportation, also by walking and is located close to famous monuments of the city.
The Palermo Committee yearly offers rich and various cultural programme composed of literature meetings, theatre and musical events. Also reserves a particolar attention of Divine Comedy trusts often in reading interpret of famous academics and writers. The Committee also manages a School of Italian Language and Culture, which is attended by mostly foreign students.